Tuesday, March 19, 2013

After Show Number Two, 3am

Noodle's flight was delayed. Really, really delayed. At this moment, he is waiting for a cab at the airport and it's three in the morning. His flight was supposed to land at 10:20pm, but it landed at about 2:15am. Oy vey. He was supposed to take off before I was even called for make up, but by the time I had finished the bulk of my part of the show, he had only just barely pulled away from the gate and was on the tarmac for another hour before taking off. So I was pretty tense for most of the show. Doesn't make for a happy singer.

But the show went pretty well. We had another good crowd - when I got to make up, they said 80 percent sold, but they had to hold the curtain for about 15 minutes because of the crowd of walk-up ticket buyers, which is a great thing, especially for a Monday night. At first they were a little slow to react to anything, either with applause or laughter, but they warmed up pretty quick. Now that we've had two actual audiences, we are learning where they tend to laugh. That's always a discovery, always. You can never predict where and what will make the audience laugh. In all my years of putting up shows, every time, they react in at least one place that surprises you. I love that so much.

Here's how I self-medicated while I waited for the flight to land


Gotta sign off, I expect Noodle will be calling soon to say he's in the taxi and I'll go down to the lobby to meet him. Man, what a night.

Added later : He made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment