Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Day After Show Three, and other stray bits

Show number three went great. It's funny, before the show, the other Two Ladies and I each sort of felt off, in some way. Mid-week slump, I suppose. But the show went really well. And we had a pretty full house, which is impressive for a Wednesday night. My family and friends loved it so so much. Noodle gets all choked up, he's so proud when he sees me perform. And Mom of course was so proud, too. Mom's friend Mary Alice loved it, too! Noodle said she was laughing the whole way through! A few other people I know were in the audience also, so it was like I had my own little claque!

Something I forgot a couple days ago - there is a chorus member who is a Mason and he invited our conductor to come and do a presentation for his lodge on the Masonic influences in The Magic Flute. It was so great and informative and interesting. The maestro and a couple cast members talked about the show, and then some of the Masons talked about what Masons are. Really great that each side had something to teach the other!

I got several good photos of my family and friend before and after the show. First, here is the four of us at dinner at The Olive Bistro
Then we got a couple with The Capitol Theater in the background

The Three Ladies took lots of photos that night, too. I made them pose like The Three Stooges. If I ever direct this show, The Three Ladies are totally going to be modeled after The Stooges
Then I was taking some solo shots when I was bombed by The Second Lady
After the show I got tons with Mom and Noodle. This first one is a recreation of a photo that we took seven years ago when she came to see the show


This morning we stopped by Sam Weller Books and I found this on the shelf. Salt Lake is the only place you will find such a juxtaposition!







No comments:

Post a Comment