Friday, March 22, 2013

The Penultimate Show!

Yesterday Noodle left, so I was sad. Seeing him so close to the end of the trip is almost ... I don't know. Now that he was here and has gone, it makes me miss him and home even more. Just a few more sleeps!
I had one final coaching with Utah's principal coach today, and she continues to be amazing. What a treat and what a great resource for them to have on staff. Ran a few miles, then had delicious phở with my friend who plays cello in the Utah Symphony. That was nice, we went to the West Valley area and it felt nice to sort of get out of town. I believe it was Phở Bien Hoa, and it was pretty delicious. 

But when I got home, it was already 3:30pm, and see, I have gotten into the habit of lying around watching TV all afternoon on the day of a show, so I had to adjust to NOT doing that. Ha! I had to pin up my hair, get some dinner for later, walk through the show. I mean, seriously, how dare they do a show when I had a social engagement, GOSH!

The show! The show was sold out! Really fantastic work, everyone who made it happen. They seemed to laugh in all the right places, but were a little slow to applaud. Personally, it was my bumpiest show so far. Out of five shows, you are always going to have one that is not the best, and I guess that was tonight for me. But life does go on and I will get over it.

I finally got some photos of The Three Spirits. They are so cute. First we got a couple of just them, one just hanging out, and one in their "Mud Children" pose

Then we got a couple of them being tormented by the Queen of the Night. The dark one is not as good of a photo, but I like their expressions - being afraid of the Queen

Tomorrow is a day off! I'm going to do a long run - 6 miles - and then I'm going to eat chicken and waffles at Pig and a Jelly Jar. Then I'm going to eat sushi with The Second Lady. Should be a great day!! Lots of good food!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment